Thursday, June 18, 2009

Justys and Crill

MY GIRLS:











Crill -- Crill is a tortoise shell or mottled cat, who is black and brown in color. I got her from an animal shelter in Sanford, North Carolina apprx April 2003. She was just a tiny kitten and very full of life. She was definitely happy to be in her home and around someone that loved her very much. She was quite the handful when I brought her home since she felt the need to use her claws to crawl up and around all of the back of the couch. I quickly got her quite a few scratching toys. After a couple of years in North Carolina, we made the long trip (23 hour drive) to Kansas where we now reside.
















Justys -- After a few years in Kansas, I decided to buy a house which gave me the opportunity to get myself a dog. I got the dog I had always wanted, which was a bubbly, loving, and adorable black labrador puppy. I picked her up at apprx 8 weeks old, and boy did she turn out to be a handful. Of course, it took quite a while for Crill to accept the fact that she had a new baby sister that was soon to grow to be 10 times her size... lol. Justys was quite the handful, and I had never potty trained a puppy or dealt with their chewing before. I was soon to realize that being a new mommy wasn't as easy as I'd hoped it would be. We had a lot of ups and downs and a whole lot of giggles and laughter. That dog is definitely the light of my life. She's now a 2 year old dog, and still full of life and love. She's just as adorable as the first day I brought her home, however she still thinks she's a lap dog, and at 80 lbs, that makes watching tv a bit hard at times. :)



These two girls keep me entertained, and I never feel lonely. Since I'm a young single woman with no kids, they are the perfect thing for me. They are just the "kids" I always wanted. I've never wanted actual children, and these two are plenty for me to handle. I have many fun and hillarious stories that I will share with everyone as I go along with this blog. I'm new to the pet blogging world, so it might take me a bit of time to get a real grasp on everything that's going to happen here. I hope to meet many people with the same love for labs that I have, and hopefully we can exchange stories and become friends. You never know, our "kids" might find true love on here as well... :)
















We are one small happy family!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thank you for leaving a message in my bark box and pleased to meet you!

    Welcome to the mad world of dog blogging.

    Hope to link with you soon!

    lotsaluv, Marvin oh and Jeannie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. we just linked with you on my blog, hope that's ok.

    Nice to meet you.

    Blogging is hard work but we have made so many good friends.

    lotsaluv Marvin and Jeannie xxxxxxxxx

    check out my blog list, you are on there now!

    ReplyDelete